Monday, November 2, 2009

Werewolf Bar Mitzvah, Spooky Scary

Boys becoming men, men becoming wolves.

Every year, the day or two after Halloween, I come up with an excellent Halloween idea and then forget about it by the time it comes around again. This past October 31st, I was proud of myself for coming up with my dinosaur costume early (which was adorable if I must say so myself). But, I woke up this morning with an idea for the perfect Halloween party. A werewolf bar mitzvah. I'm not going to expand upon the details, but think about it. Next year, hopefully I will have a home that is not located in suburban CT and will host this lovely party. You are all invited. Yes, you. All 4 of our followers who read this blog.

That said, I love Halloween. I love dressing up in ridiculous costumes and watching multiple Lady Gagas have dance offs around stripper poles. I love waking up a hot mess the day after wearing a dinosaur hoodie on a friend's couch, not knowing how I am going to get home to CT. Ah, memories.

But, with Halloween's end comes the start of the inevitable NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). For the past 2 years, I have signed up and failed miserably. I sort of expect to fail. But, not this year. This year, I don't have a job that sucks out my soul and creativity. I have a total of 3 friends located within 10 miles of me which means minimal distractions. I am living with my parents and having regular flashbacks to the year 1999. My novel may end up being a coming of age story of a 27 year old aspiring writer trapped in suburban CT, but it will exist and it will hit the 50,000 word mark by Nov 30. That said, I will also participate in this blog post writing challenge.... I mean, why not add more writing onto my to-do list this month? I have a world of time on my hands.

Don't worry, I'll remember all of you when I am famous.

No comments: