Wednesday, November 4, 2009

30 Gremlins in 30 days

I find myself pondering the situation where I started a post before midnight and posted it after midnight, as was the case with my last entry. It's similar to the case of the Mogwai and Gremlin. One wonders, as a character did in the sequel, if they start eating before midnight, but get a piece of food stuck in their teeth, will the friendly, furry, little dinkers turn into their scaly, mischievous, though often entertaining alter egos?

Do I have to write a post on every day? Or will 30 posts in 30 days fulfill the requirement? Here is my answer, see if you can follow the logic. You could turn one mogwai into a gremlin every day for 30 days. Or, you could turn 30 mogwais into 3o gremlins overnight. Either way, you have 30 gremlins to deal with. I know that one gremlin at a time is much easier to deal with than dozens upon dozens. Luckily, in this situation, it just means you'll have to read more at once and you probably won't end up going through your window when they rewire your chairlift.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I'm just going to throw this out there.... don't you think it might be hard to find 30 Mogwai all at once, to then feed, and turn into Gremlins? Maybe not. I love Gremlin references, but I can't remember the movies all that well so I don't know if they are just hanging out waiting to be fed or what. Does this comment make any sense? It's supposed to be a warning against procrastination.

Tim said...

Thank you for the warning. I don't think it would be that hard to feed 30 Mogwai, or to find them in the first place. Remember, if you have one mogwai, and get him wet, you will have several more mogwai, and I think a "litter" is between 4 and 6. So you would just multiply each of the multiples.

You should use spring water, if possible. It seems that in "The New Batch" the filthy water that created the new batch birthed a bunch of weirdos. Or that was just the rule of sequels one-upping the original.

They are quite voracious, so 30 of them would go after food if you fed them, except for Gizmo, who has super-mogwai restraint.

This is supposed to be an argument in favor of procrastination.