Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo

National Blog Posting Month

Most of us here on justforscuz have in the past considered participating in National Novel Writer's Month (NaNoWriMo). In fact, we've started it and failed. In this event, the objective is to complete a novel in the month of November. I even bought a book on writing a novel in a month and gave it to Anita Rackow. Yet, none of us have produced a novel.

When discussing the creation of this blog, we agreed that blogs are easier to write than anything lengthier. I had downgraded from the lofty goal of being a novelist, passed through a phase of thinking I could complete short stories, to "Hey I can just write about nothing." And I want to be a writer?

I am taking sketch comedy writing classes at ImprovBoston and I have learned something valuable about writing. The more I do it, the easier it is. Not because I necessarily get any better, but because it decreases the fear of failure. There is a writing rule of 9 to 1. For every 9 terrible things we write, only one will be any good.

So I'm going to attempt to make 30 entries over the next 30 days. And maybe 3 of them will be worth a damn. Perhaps my cohorts will join me, or bail me out on days that I forget. Cohorts? What say you?

Oh and by the way, this entry counts.

PS I am really glad that it was daylight savings last night, because otherwise, it would almost be midnight and I'd be sweating on the keyboard trying to make sure it gets posted by midnight.

1 comment:

C said...

well done folks...great idea...and welcome back to the land of the living.