Wednesday, April 28, 2010

MyPlate

A coworker showed me a feature on LiveStrong called MyPlate. It's kind of awesome and I've been playing on it all day.



What it basically is, is a food and fitness tracker. To create a profile you enter your information (gender, height, weight, and activity level) and your goal (weight management, lose 1 pound a week, lose 1.5 a week, etc.) What I really like about it is that is has everything for food, and very specific. It had the exact type of whole wheat wraps I eat, and Dunkin' Donuts bagels versus just "bagel." In fact, even TruBlood is an option, if you are a TV vampire living in the Bayou. I also entered my morning run, and it tracks time, speed, and distance to calculate calories burned.

As a Weight Watchers graduate (not that I paid for it or went to meetings-shhh!), I think this is a great product, because it is a user-friendly way to track calories in and calories out. The Weight Watchers system works on this principle, but simplifies the calories into points (a point is about 50 calories, factoring for fat and fiber).

For those who are interested or need it, the site also gives specific percentages on your intake of calories from carbs, protein, and fat. For the truly obsessive or those with specific health goals, you can track sodium, cholesterol, and sugar.

I may fall in and out of keeping up with this site, but then I've done that with my weight loss efforts for 5 years, and this is another thing that I can always go back to.

3 comments:

Kathleen said...

I use dailyburn.com It's the same thing basically. The forums probably arent as good as livestrong. I was on there for a while because dailyplate is awwwwwesome. I dont remember why i switched.

Tim said...

I don't really like forums. They involve people and I don't really like those either.

Anonymous said...

When you are related to the price tag, additionally you can bring to mind obtaining low-priced creator baggage internet. fake chanel handbags Its low priced expenditures, door transport plus straightforward gain insurance plans just might help you around pay for without the need of losing your golf hole in the bank. louis vuitton outlet Design plus sophisticated gals are frequently detailed utilizing thoughts just like exquisite, amazing, wonderful, eye-catching etcetera. louis vuitton outlet Having said that, for your women so that you can receive these brands, it is critical for her so that you can steadiness all of properties with extraordinary design fads. gucci outlet Extras just like purses and handbags have fun with a major factor around maximizing the appearance plus generate a world have an understanding of true basis with design. Having said that, taking exact design and style creator baggage to get several function doesn’t deliver the results plus its very important to ladies available various forms of baggage to get diverse times. dior outlet The next few paragraphs helps design freaks generate the ideal final decision when browsing purses and handbags to get several day time times.